Sunday, October 12, 2008

Muslim friends

Last night I attended a dinner hosted by a group of Muslim people who have come to the U.S. from Turkey. This group is dedicated to the idea of a peaceful world and believe that Christians and Muslims can coexist in a peaceful way. I too believe that this is possible, and I am inspired by the work and dedication of this group.

Nevertheless, these people are not Christians and do not have salvation from God, despite the fact that they are friendly, loving and peaceful people. Jesus said:


"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14:6.

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." -John 3:18

My non-Christian friends and some of my Christian friends will say that kind of attitude is arrogant, intolerant and self-righteous. But, here's the way I look it: I've been invited to a really great party (Heaven), and I can invite anyone I want to come. I want all of the people I love, my family and friends, to be there. I want to see there my friends from Turkey Mustafa and Ferhan, my friend from Iran Nezam, my friend from Vietnam Lan, my science-minded friend Johnathan, and my outspoken atheist friends Barry and Eric. From what the Bible says, in particular from what Jesus says, the only way you can get into the party is to get a ticket from Jesus. So, I invite, encourage and pray for all of my family and friends to go get their ticket from Jesus. I don't care who's right or wrong, I don't care who's smart or dumb, I just don't want them to miss out on the big party. And this includes my new Muslim friends from Turkey who hosted the wonderful dinner last night. I will continue to support their dream of peaceful coexistence, while I continue to pray that they will see the truth about Jesus.

No comments: